Since fiber can retain relatively large amounts of water, this is pivotal to its use in products that are exposed to frozen or heat treatment. Another functionality that makes fiber essential for such applications is the fiber's ability to stabilize emulsions.
Both these features make fiber an indispensable ingredient for frozen and chilled products.
- Good emulsion stabilizer for gravies and sauces
- Important ingredient for breadings and batters – both conventional and deep-fried
- Better textural stability in fillings: fruit, vegetable and meat
- Improved water retention and rheology
- Enhanced freeze and thaw stability
For more information, please contact our Application Experts.